Monday, January 14, 2008

» webpin CLI 0.9.0, and faster server

We have a shiny new server for Benjamin Weber's "webpin" (search engine for openSUSE packages that indexes pretty much all repositories, including the openSUSE Build Service repos). It's a lot faster than the previous one. Therefore, I warmly recommend upgrading to webpin-0.9.0 that uses the new server for package search queries. The webpin CLI package is available from the openSUSE:Tools repository. For the web interface, make sure to use the following URL: http://packages.opensuse-community.org I have also updated my openSearch configuration files to use the new URL.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw over at Benjamin Weber's blog that he has a hack to do a one-click install via command line.
I added a comment asking whether it is possible that one could search for a package via webpin, be provided with a one click install url and then install – all on the same commandline.
Benjamin pointed me over to your blog:
http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/bweber/entry/installing_using_one/

so I ask you, would that be possible? that would be great....

thanks!

22:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home