Monday, June 19, 2006

» Experimental smart packages repository

I've built new smart packages, but I would dub them as experimental, because I've added a patch for improved package candidate selection for x86_64 Because of that, I've put those smart RPMs in a different repository, to avoid forcing it down on everyone who's using my main repository ;) If you'd like to give it a try (and I'd certainly be thankful for testing it), especially if you're on x86_64, do as follows (where xx.x corresponds to your SUSE version, one of 10.1, 10.0, 9.3, 9.2 or 9.1):
smart channel --add http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/smart/smart-experimental-suse-xx.x.channel
smart update smart-experimental
smart upgrade 'smart*'
Please let me know whether it works fine for you or not, feedback is highly appreciated :) For more information about that experimental patch, have a look at issue 177 in the smart tracker. Note: post-edited the entry, changed the repository layout and added .channel files; if you can't find the .channel files just yet, please wait a few more hours for the server to sync

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you pls create a rpm pkg of this vr. of fortune? http://www.redellipse.net/code/downloads/fortune-mod-1.99.1.tar.gz

05:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home